So, you are ready to book your Microblading appointment…
1. Consultation: 30 minutes
Includes a mandatory patch/scratch test, after which there is a 7-day waiting period. During this free 30-minute consultation, we will determine which procedure is best suited for your hair growth and skin type, as well as decide color choice and other personal features of the procedure.
2. First Procedure: 3 hours
We will spend the first 60-90 minutes perfecting your shape in pencil before I ever make a stroke.
At the conclusion of your appointment, the brows will look great, but stroke placement will be slightly sparse, as we will use the strokes in the first appointment to understand how the pigment settles in your skin – does it spread, does it fade, etc. Your appointment will take (on average) 2.5 hours.
3. Final Procedure: 2 hours
5-6 weeks following the first procedure, we will assess how the pigment settled in your skin and make any adjustments necessary – color, shape, as well as fill in any extra strokes for a fuller more 3-D brow.
The path to gorgeous brows is a highly personalized process.
Your final outcome will not be determined until 4-6 weeks following your Final Procedure.
On the day of Procedure:
- Do not drink alcohol or take any recreational drugs on the day of your procedure (If you are perceived to be in an ‘altered state’, your appointment will be canceled by the artist without refund)
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Nurofen/Ibuprofen 24 hours before your procedure
- Enjoy your shower and fix your hair – you won’t be able to get your brows wet for up to 2 weeks.
One Week before Procedure:
- Do not take garlic, turmeric, or omega3 (fish oil) 1 week prior
- Do not have intense sun exposure 7 days prior
- No tweezing, waxing, or threading 7 days before treatment
One Month before Procedure:
- Stop any Retinol, Retin-A, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy, Tretinoin, or other exfoliant boosters in the treatment area
- Absolutely no chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments in the brow area
- Get Botox either one month before the procedure or 3 weeks after touch-up – the period between is a no-Botox zone